We are currently seeking an Automotive Technician to become an integral part of our team! You will diagnose, adjust, repair, and overhaul automotive vehicles.
- Mechanic will cater to the specific needs of each repair order efficiently and accurately. This must be done within both dealership and factory requirements.
- The ideal technician candidate must be able to diagnose malfunctions, as well as perform the necessary repairs for them.
- Mechanic will perform vehicle repairs within their current capability/skill level.
- In depth examination of any vehicle under current supervision, to determine if any safety or service work is needed or recommended.
- Clearly documents and records work that is performed on the repair order under his/her supervision.
- Effectively communicate with the designated service manager or advisor when the above adjustments and additional work is needed.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician / service manager.
- Ability to perform any additional related duties as required and assigned by service manager.
- Previous experience as an automotive technician, mechanic, or other related fields
- Knowledge of diagnostic and repair equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
A Look at Wilkins Automotive's History in Maryland
For generations, we have dedicated ourselves to satisfying our customers' automotive needs. We are proud of our history and accomplishments, and without our loyal customers, none of this would be possible.
Wilkins Subaru has been in the automotive business for three generations.
The Wilkins family started their business in 1949 as a Plymouth Desoto dealer in Clarksville, Maryland.
In 1969, the founder, Stanley Wilkins, seized the opportunity to become a Buick Dealer and created Wilkins Buick on Ritchie Highway. Stanley's son, Maury, became Dealer Principal and President in 1981, the same year we became one of the original charter dealers of Isuzu.
Maury's son, Jeremy, is the third generation with the dealership. Since joining in the late 1980's, Jeremy is now Operations Manager and oversees all departments of our organization.
In 1999, Wilkins adopted Subaru for our dealership. It was the newest Subaru dealership in the area and an exciting addition for a great brand to join the family business.
Our Buick GMC facility went through a complete remodel from 2011-2012. It now features a modern, sophisticated design with comfortable, spacious customer lounge, children's playroom, a business center for more privacy, and an extended showroom to display our current Buick GMC models.
Our most recent renovation happened from 2014-2015. Our Subaru showroom, customer lounge, and the entire service area was renovated. Our Subaru Showroom has more space, and our customer lounge was made more comfortable with an open atmosphere. We now have complimentary WiFi and snacks provided while you wait for your vehicle. We have also upgraded our service equipment, added eight extra service bays, and increased our amount of technicians, which has doubled our service area and productivity. We have recently added in our Subaru Express Service, where you can now get an oil change, tire rotation, and other minor maintenance done with no appointment, in roughly 30 minutes.
Wilkins Subaru Baltimore has a large inventory to choose from, available to all Baltimore, Glen Burnie, Columbia, and Ellicott City areas. If you would like to learn more about our 2017 and 2018 Subaru lineup, use the following links:
Role: Automotive Technician
Location: Glen Burnie,
Apply for this job now.