Construction Site Manager
Location: Essex CM1 2QE
Hours: Full Time, 7:30 - 4:30
Salary: £36 - £40K With Package
- Nest Pension
- Statutory sick and holiday pay
- Work clothing
- Business use vehicle
Our client is a family-run specialist adaptation contractor working across East Anglia to make standard homes fit for purpose for elderly and disabled clients. They only work in the specialist adaptation sector and carry out all adaptations including full house adaptations, specialist installations and new build.
Due to an increase in workload in our major works business, an opportunity has arisen for a Site Manager working in Essex.
The successful applicant will be experienced in reading construction drawings and managing sub-contractor trades to ensure works are completed safely, on time, within budget and to a high quality.
As one of the leading home adaptation specialists in East Anglia, they are looking to recruit permanent employees to help grow the major works side of the business. Continuous training and development will be given. The position would suit a young manager seeking to progress their career or an experienced professional looking to continue in a specialist market.
The position is permanent.
- To project manage jobs through to completion, efficiently and safely, whilst keeping to professional standards and within budget
- Work closely with the Directors/Surveyors and tradesmen.
- Achieving target completion dates as agreed with the Management team, and keeping them informed of jobs progress including any labour issues. and other relevant information.
- Monitoring works orders & invoicing.
- Inspire and motivate the teams. Give day to day guidance, mentoring and job instruction as required.
- Promote professional standards regarding the care & quality of the work.
- Face 2 face feedback with staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 5 years site management experience
- Ideally degree qualified or other relevant building qualification
- DBS - Zero Criminal Convictions
- Previous Supervision experience of permanent and sub-contract labour
- Domestic refurbishments and new build
- SMSTS / SSSTS certificate
- Knowledge and implementation of CDM regulations 2015
- Understanding of build programmes (MS Project or Asta Powerproject would be an advantage)
- Fully IT literate (excel / word / outlook)
- Positive client-focussed attitude
- First Aid
- Carrying out toolbox talks and H&S
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Site, Manager, Management, Project Manage, Directors, Surveyors, Tradesmen, MS Project, Asta Powerproject, Construction, Full Time