Housekeeper will ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the facility and housekeeping department.
Reports to: Project Manager:
● Work as a member of the housekeeping team to ensure high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all exam rooms , bathrooms, Patient care areas and public areas.
● Daily cleaning of assigned tasks (exam rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas) and ensure the high standards of cleanliness as set forth.
● Follow the schedule of tasks to be completed on a daily basis.
● Continuously seek and make improvements to the overall housekeeping functions for the Facility.
● Maintain supply levels, orderly supply closets,
● Clean all housekeeping areas in a Aseptic manner.
● Terminal cleaning of buildings during slow times and as needed.
● Special projects as outlined by Project Manager.
● Attend staff training sessions and meetings as needed.
● Support the mission of Covenant Harbor as found in the employee handbook.
● Must have Personal maturity, sound judgment, motivation, and integrity.
● Desire and willingness to work as a team within Housekeeping and other departments.
● Able to operate housekeeping equipment.
● Able to safely handle and use cleaning chemicals.
● Minimum of high school diploma.
● Strong English speaking skills, bilingual a plus.
● Able to lift and push up to 25 pounds and be able to walk about the building.
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our team of attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service.
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that Veterans are satisfied.
• Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
• Oversee staff on a daily basis
• Check building common areas, including restrooms, and lounge areas, for cleanliness
• Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
• Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
• Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
• Respond to customer complaints and special requests
• Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
• Participate in large cleaning projects as required
• Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
• Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
• Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
• Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
• Excellent organizational and team management skills
• Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
• Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
• High school diploma is a plus
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.