The Associate Supervisor at Flagship Facility Services will be supervise a team of custodial staff. You will be responsible but not limited to ensuring the safety of the staff, timely gathering of time cards, ordering of supplies, meet the needs of our clients and provide supervision as needed to each client.
- Flexibility with working hours to support operations as required
- Able to communicate with line staff on work request and inspections as required
- Able to Perform and Comprehend the Scope of Work
- People Skills (Able to work well with others)
- Attend monthly Safety Meetings and deliver Safety Training to employees
- Collect Time Cards
- Track Inventory of Supplies
- Conduct Site Safety / Quality Inspections (Equipment, MSDS, PPE, etc…)
- Communicate with Operations Manager regarding employee relations issues
- Other projects as assigned
- Associate supervisor will attend monthly safety meetings and provide safety training when appropriate to staff and monitor the staff ensuring that PPE’s are worn at all time and other protective measures are being taken
- Responsible for providing our clients with janitorial services. (Floor care and other cleaning services as needed)
- Responsible for inspecting staff employee’s work to ensure we meet overall client satisfaction
- Responsible for managing supplies at each site, and making sure supplies are being ordered in a timely manner
- Responsible for reporting any issues with employee’s to the operations manager
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance and janitorial work
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to lead others and motivate people
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team; an intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Excel, Word plus Gmail, Google docs , Google calendar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with independently with little or no supervision
- Be able to delegate work as needed Education and Work Experience
1. Preferably a bachelor's degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the janitorial/facilities field 2. Able to communicate in English and Spanish
- Fast paced office environment
- High sense of urgency
- Small office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and shop environments
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. Ability to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds of office and facilities equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under The Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
FlagShip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
For thirty years, Flagship Facility Services has offered hassle-free total maintenance solutions, from single maintenance projects and on-call facilities technicians to fully integrated janitorial and facility management services. We serve some of the world’s most demanding customers, from busy airports to internationally recognized research institutions, to some of America’s leading technology companies.
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.