- Entry Level and Experienced
Our Selectors are responsible for creating and maintaining an exceptional experience for each Dole & Bailey customer. The order assembly picker/loader is responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading products and/or cases, and working any station or line that is assigned. Must have proven attention to detail and positive attitude in support of Dole & Bailey's mission for excellence and committed to following all USDA, HACCP and GMP guidelines and regulations. Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment (when certified).
- Mark the paperwork properly when making adjustments for product shortages.
- Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
- Ensure proper code date rotation when selecting
- Report any mechanical problems with equipment used in service to our customers.
- Report any product/packaging issues i.e. damaged boxes, bags, leakers, wrong location , bad code dates
- Maintain communication with management notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices.
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and push or pull a majority of the day.
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases up to 6-8 cases high.
- Work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Work effectively work in a team environment.
- Read, write, and speak English
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks) and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
DB offers a robust benefit package for full time employees including:
- Retail purchase program offering a wide variety of our products at a reduced cost
- Medical Insurance Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid time off including Holidays and paid Vacation
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Four day work week: Monday through Thursday
- D&B promotes from within offering opportunity for career growth
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- ISO 9001 training
- LEAN Training
EASY Commute - Our shop is located right out of Woburn Center and close to Rt 93 and Rt 128/95
This is a 2nd shift position, typically starting at 3:00 pm
Dole & Bailey is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Dole & Bailey has been a part of the North East's agricultural heritage for five generations, making us one of the nations oldest family-owned and operated Food Hubs. High on the columns of Boston's historic Faneuil Hall, you can still read the Dole & Bailey name - a reminder of our roots and place in New England's rich history of food and farming.
Role: Order Selector - Warehouse Shipping
Apply for this job now.