Company: PARAGON SPACE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Who we are
As Paragon Space Development celebrates 28+ years of providing award-winning life support and thermal control solutions for extreme environments, we've recognized that it is our employees that keep our business thriving. By any measure, Paragon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our goal is to hire the best and allow you to do the work that you enjoy! We are interested in developing individuals who enjoy a challenge and like working on a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
Job Description: Aerospace Human Spaceflight Systems Engineer II
The successful candidate will report to the SE&I Department Manager and be responsible to independently and/or in a team environment: identify and quantify design drivers, identify, flow down and track requirement throughout the program life cycle, formulate and perform life support and thermal control system design trades studies. Additionally, this candidate must be able to formulate minimum-cost/maximum value Verification and Validation plans, document and update the technical baseline for a flight hardware production program, mitigate program risk, evaluate technical data, and generate formal documentation such as technical memorandums, analysis reports, design and development books or product manuals.
The candidate must be capable of working beyond the typical 8-hour workday and 40-hour work week. This position requires direct support of the engineering department and spending nearly 100% of daily time in an office environment.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge and experience with highly technical systems, subsystems, assemblies, and/or components.
- Knowledge and experience with the systems engineering product lifecycle, ranging from requirements development through design, manufacture, test, and operations.
- Knowledge and skills in applying systems engineering principles and procedures to develop practical and tailored engineering solutions.
- Ideally, but not required, knowledge of, and skills in, CAD software (e.g. SOLIDWORKS), and Product Data Management tools such as Windchill, or SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and spoken form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness; have discriminating judgment, tact and sense of humor
- Ability and proficiency in job-required software applications
- Ability to serve as project manager on projects with well-defined scope and objectives
- Ideally, but not required, skills in project budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to evaluate and train junior engineers in their duties
U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident status is required for this position.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 2-4 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 1-2 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- PhD degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 0-1 years with system and /or hardware design experience in the aerospace industry.