Job Title: Financial Manager/Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Location: Hunstville, AL - remote/telework
Scope of Work: Provide financial management support on contract and business-related tasks.
- BA/BS (Accounting/Financial Studies)
- Extensive experience with contract invoicing
- AP/AR expertise
- Quickbooks management
- Financial statement reporting
Tasks to be Performed:
- Banking and fiduciary responsibilities with account transactions, including AP/AR needs.
- Recording financial transactions and payroll using Quickbooks.
- Review of payroll prior to processing
- Federal/State/Local/Income tax preparation and submission
- 401K submission/payment
- Analysis of cash flow status
- Contract invoicing tasks
- Create monthly financial statements
- Calculation of company rates
- Monthly report of Profit by Project
- Quarterly reporting to financial institutions and GSA/IFF
Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares monthly and year-to-date Wrap Rate Analysis.
- Maintains proper invoicing, adhering to prime and/or subcontract terms and conditions, including the proper invoicing formats and required contents, base or option year rates for each labor category, proper invoicing approach (e.g., FFP versus T&M), etc.
- Reviews and refines pricing models to reflect local tax rates, special employee benefits, etc.
- Registers with the proper State & Local authorities when we have new employees in other locations.
- Assists with cost/benefit analyses.
- Complies with all pertinent Federal, State & Local, and customer financial legal requirements.
Full benefits package, includes Paid Time Off/Sick Leave and limited training/education reimbursement.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to #removed# with job title in the subject line.
Stafford Consulting Company (SCC), Inc. is a federal technology and acquisitions consulting company. We are founded by technology and acquisition professionals and our focus is Federal Technology Integration, Training, and Acquisition Support. We currently provide this support to large federal agencies and commercial clients. SCC provides cradle to grave technology and acquisition advisement support for programs in these agencies, including Technology Planning and Implementation and Business Process Improvements. We are a Veterans Affairs (VA) CVE verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
Role: CPA - Corporate Financial Manager
Apply for this job now.