Team leader - Residential Care Children & Adults
Salary: £22,360 - £24,440 per annum
Over the past 18 months or so the care industry has really come under the spotlight and people are beginning to realise just what a vital role care and support workers play. It has not been easy, but it has been tremendously rewarding.
Our client currently has two vacancies for experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated care workers who are looking to step up to management in an adult or children's residential home working with individuals with learning disabilities and / or mental health needs.
The successful candidates will be experienced care workers having worked for at least 2 years in a similar environment with individuals' with often complex needs and who can exhibit behaviours of concern. A QCF level 3 in Health & Social Care with the relevant adult / child modules is essential.
The role will include:
- delegated HR duties such as managing rotas, allocating work to staff, agreeing objectives and work plans, carrying out supervisions and appraisals, helping with recruitment.
- hands on care and support, providing practical help and personal care to residents, dealing appropriately with any challenging behaviour.
- participating in the development, implementation and review of individuals' care plans, risk assessments, management guidelines, etc.
- interacting with external stakeholders - families and members of multi-disciplinary teams.
- being part of an on-call rota for which an additional payment will be made.
A full, clean driving licence is highly desirable.
Benefits include a competitive salary structure, favourable pension scheme, refer a friend bonus scheme, a BUPA healthcare plan and an incremental annual leave policy.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.
A full job description and application form will be sent following receipt of a CV that demonstrates the applicant can meet the essentials outlined above.