Quality Technician II
Responsible for documenting quality control activities in a manufacturing production process when a process failure has been given a disposition.
Job Duties Include:
- Measures parts daily for accuracy and with precise repeatability
- Drafts and manages the quality control documentation
- Operates hand held metrology instrumentation (mechanical and basic electrical) instruments without supervision
- Extracts product and process information from databases and compiles reports as requested
- Monitors supplier compliance with manufacturing practices
- Skilled in advanced blueprint reading with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) interpretation of bonus tolerances
- Performs basic and advanced component part layout (metrology) tactical functions
- Prepares and manages the turn key quality control documentation, instructions and forms pertaining to the assigned customer scope
- Trains and educates Team Leaders and Quality Inspectors on proper SQ and client procedures relevant to the project
- Writes work instructions and confirms team conformance to the job set up and communicates any criteria to the Customer Service and/or Training department
- Maintains and manages customer relationships throughout each project
- Identifies and communicates any new business opportunities within assigned plant locations to the Marketing/Sales departments
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in handling customer and employee relations
- Experience in a variety of manufacturing processes or mass assembly operations and Blue Print GD&T experience is required
- Ability to do layout designs
- Available to work assigned hours based on business needs
Stratosphere Quality is a leading provider of quality assurance services to manufacturers of parts and components in industries such as automotive and medical device. We specialize in Sorting, Inspection and Rework projects. As a partner in quality, we work with suppliers and OEMs to identify the root cause of quality problems, minimize defects, improve quality, increase efficiency and reduce costs associated with quality issues.
We are proud to say that we promoted from within 58% of the time in 2017!
Stratosphere Quality does not just provide people to work sorting and inspection projects. We have trained teams who coordinate and monitor the activity of each project while working with the manufacturer to provide updates and reports. Each member of our team understands the cost of downtime, the need for accuracy and the demand for details in the fast paced world of manufacturing quality assurance. Stratosphere Quality is ISO9001 Certified for Quality Management Systems and ISO13485 Certified for Medical Devices.
Stratosphere Quality is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Role: Quality Technician II
Location: Fort Wayne,
Apply for this job now.