$95000.00 to $115000.00 yearly
Tyler Houk at Robert Half Finance is looking for an ambitious, eager Controller to join the team at an well-respected services company. This leadership role oversees an accounting and clerical department. The Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, manages the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, analyzes accounting and internal control systems, and guides departmental staff. Working with this company, you will receive competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as strong career growth. We are seeking someone who will motivate others by maintaining a positive detail oriented attitude; is honest, reliable and a leader; and will offer remarkable client services, managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. Additionally, you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility. Based in the Fresno, California area, this opening for a Controller is a full-time position.
What you get to do every single day
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Review and revise deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Manage the creation of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Occasionally perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysisJob Requirements:
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of US GAAP
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- Bank reconciliations experience highly preferred
- Analyze Financial Statements experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of general ledger
- Month end closings experience
- Practical knowledge of account reconciliation
- Adeptness in budget forecasting
- General familiarity with Adjusting Journal Entries
- Foundational knowledge in Accounts Payable (AP)
- The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
For more information contact Tyler Houk directly at #removed# or send me a message on LinkedIn!
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.