Do you enjoy meaningful work in an environment where you can make an impact, learn, and collaborate with others who are just as passionate about their work as you are? Are you a self-starter and consider your strengths to be solving complex problems, building client and stakeholder relationships, proactive teamwork, analytical thinking, and project management? If so, we are looking for you!
Corner Alliance, a dynamic and growing consulting firm dedicated to an enriching employee experience, is looking for a Strategic Planning Lead with 15+ years of experience in change management, organizational design, and and organizational strategy to join our Washington, DC team. The Principal will work to lead change management efforts to enhance the organizational structure and customer alignment in support of a Federal agency.
About the Role:
You will provide strategic planning and change management guidance for one of our Federal government clients operating in the cybersecurity sphere. The role is an opportunity for you to join an energetic consulting team and make a difference by increasing cybersecurity capabilities in the Federal landscape in an age of increasing digital threats to our nation.
- Lead change management initiatives via the development of a strategic roadmap that will inform the organizational design and structure of our Federal clients' office, in support of homeland security and cybersecurity customer needs
- Build trusted relationships with senior Federal clients and other external stakeholders to move the project forward
- Coordinate with a number of stakeholders to assess challenges and opportunities in the cybersecurity services landscape
- Research and analyze best practices, lessons learned, and relevant organizational structures to improve client operations and customer engagement
- Develop monitoring and evaluation metrics for the team's outputs
- Support program management by leading research efforts, using various data sources, analyzing information, preparing meeting summaries and reports, developing trackers, etc.
- Develop lessons learned documents and after-engagement reports
- Support the planning, design, execution, and follow-up for small and large meetings with senior government officials
- Participate in and lead business development efforts
- Carry out Corner Alliance's Commitments to Deliver, Grow, and Thrive
You will work as part of a dynamic team at our offices in Washington, DC.
*You will interview, onboard, and work remotely due to COVID-19 until it is safe to return to the office*
- Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years of experience leading strategic planning and organizational design for government agencies
- Experience in change management, organizational design, strategy development, organizational assessment, and/or business process improvement for governmental entities
- Ability to lead high-quality change management, strategy, organizational design, and/or process improvement initiatives with senior Federal officials and stakeholders from diverse organizations
- Ability to build trusted relationships with senior officials and stakeholders from diverse organizations and build buy-in across new initiatives
- Ability to lead strategy sessions with senior officials with excellent meeting design and facilitation skills, incorporating innovative tools and tactics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in team environments to coordinate project schedules and action items, and deliver exceptional work under tight deadlines
- Experience analyzing/theming qualitative data and writing reports outlining findings and making recommendations
- Mature judgement when anticipating and solving problems
- Ability to multitask, collaborate, be proactive, and be creative
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint. Experience with Smartsheet or Advanced Excel a plus.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass public trust clearance or suitability
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Previous experience leading strategy and organizational design initiatives with homeland security and/or cybersecurity government officials
Don't think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don't hold back from applying because you may not have it all. There's no such thing as a perfect candidate. You can learn and grow with us. So, please apply if you consider yourself to be detail-oriented, can re-prioritize in a fast-paced environment, have great client management and people management skills, can manage high quality deliverables on time and this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
And the part about consulting? You also don't need to have a consulting background to apply - we have consultants here from many different backgrounds: non-profits, associations, government, private sector and anything in between. We offer a 2 day orientation where we teach you the Corner Alliance Way of Delivery (which is Consulting). What you need is to have transferable skills: an eagerness to improve things, being analytical, applying critical thinking, having good writing skills, being curious about how things fit into the bigger picture, being able to break a project up into tasks and implement them, being personable and having an ability to build trust with our clients and colleagues.
We are a dynamic and growing management consulting firm headquartered in downtown DC focused on creating an experience that feels a bit different for our clients. We have their backs, push them with new ideas, and start every solution with their stakeholders to create high-performing, high-results Federal Government programs. Corner Alliance is serious about our Commitments: to Deliver excellence, Grow the business and Thrive in a vibrant environment.
Our Core Purpose is simple and meaningful: Help government do amazing things.
Corner Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full time employees including 401k matching (4%), PTO (3 weeks to start, 4 weeks (2-5 years) and 5 weeks (5 years+)), health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, FSA accounts, 4 weeks of paid parental leave, 10 paid holidays (including your birthday off), fitness & cell phone reimbursements, monthly all hands update meetings, annual in-person all hands team building day and evening out, a semi-annual merit-based bonus program, regular check-ins for professional growth goals, weekly one on one performance manager meetings, a social team that coordinates monthly events, use of technology like Slack to keep us connected and collaborative, and overall, a company culture dedicated to a highly engaged team.
Be a part of our award-winning firm and the great things we are doing - we are a recurrent Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company honoree and a past Winner of the Society of Human Resource Management When Work Works award for our amazing workplace culture.
Corner Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law.
Visit us at #removed# to learn more
Powered by JazzHR