Apply corrosion engineering skills and aptitude to install, troubleshoot, repair and commission cathodic protection systems and perform field measurements/surveys on various infrastructure for corrosion assessment.
- Applies corrosion engineering skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on assigned corrosion control equipment, facilities, systems, and associated devices (rectifiers, test stations, ground beds, critical bonds, foreign line crossings, cased crossing, etc.).
- Maintains and operates assigned equipment to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Reads and interprets drawings and schematics, uses technical resources in the performance of assigned work, uses hand and power tools, and other specialty equipment.
- Performs pipeline locates/construction watches, may operate portable and mobile work equipment, and participate in customer and emergency agency meetings.
- Maintains records for required state, federal, and company procedures and participates in team administrative duties.
- Utilizes computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material, and supply ordering, and filing of various forms.
- Writes comprehensive technical reports on periodic corrosion assessment surveys and cathodic protection system commissioning.
- Actively contributes as a member of the project crew, supporting the training of other members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate. Associates degree a plus, but not required.
- Employee hired as or promoted to the Corrosion Tech must have a minimum of 5 years of corrosion engineering or related experience.
- NACE CP level II required. Offshore experience a PLUS.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Candidate will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test, and will adhere to and is subject to all U.S. Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol related regulations, and will be subject to a background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in engineering, or related field.
- Stable work history with 5 plus years’ experience as a corrosion Tech (or similar role).
- Work with Pipeline Integrity groups to assist with ILI pig runs and ILI dig inspections.
- Exceptional knowledge in all area requirements.
- Repair test leads, and minor repairs on rectifiers.
- Evaluate coating conditions and make minor repairs.
- Interpret pipeline construction drawings and alignment sheets.
- Ensure projects and schedules are met by continuously working with Operations, Engineering, Construction, Facility Planning, and Gas Control.
- Lifting up to 50 Ibs occasionally.
- Incumbent is subject to call out 7 days a week and extended work-days and/or work-weeks.
- Required to carry a cell phone and work a rotating on-call schedule.
- Subject to call out for emergency response.
- Subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather conditions and temperatures, heights, high-pressure gas, heavy lifting and cramped conditions.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Driving extended periods and distances further than 20 miles
- Integrated Corrosion Companies offers competitive salary, benefits and 401K matching.
Role: Corrosion Technician NACE CP 2 - Houston
Apply for this job now.