Company: PINNACLE REHABILITATION AND HEALTH CENTER
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Pinnacle Rehabilitation and Nursing Center offers the very best in post-acute rehabilitation services and has earned its reputation for providing excellent and compassionate nursing care. Our 151-bed facility, located in Smyrna, DE is seeking a motivated and compassionate Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Nurse to join our staff!
The Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Nurse is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the QAPI process and activities. This includes taking a proactive approach to continually improving the way we care for and engage with our residents, caregivers, and other partners so that we may realize our vision to positively affect the lives of those around us. The QAPI Nurse acts as the Facility Compliance Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and monitors the quality improvement of the organization.
- Establishes and maintains outcomes-based monitoring systems for identified problems/indicators.
- Coordinates, develops, and monitors the effects of corrective action plans for QAPI
- Conducts Quality Improvement audits continuously.
- Assists with providing consultation regarding specific facility safety issues and serves as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Monitor facility compliance with State, Federal, and Local regulations
- Work cooperatively with all department supervisors to develop and adhere to the QAPI meeting schedule.
- Assists with response to Quality complaints from residents, families, physicians, and other outside vendors.
- Assists with developing policies which enhance resident and staff safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge Experience and Skills
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Delaware (or reside in compact state)
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance or Compliance preferred
- Five years of healthcare experience preferred, with at least two years in LTC required.
- Knowledge of the new RoP's regarding Quality; the Plan/Do/Study/Act Cycle; and Root Cause Analysis Process.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidentially in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer-service orientation with the ability to ensure confidentiality and professionalism is maintained when dealing with sensitive / confidential information
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing advice for all staff members regarding the management of infectious patients/residents and other infection prevention issues
- Coordinating the annual infection control risk assessment in conjunction with the QAPI and Risk Management Committee
- Developing and implementing the annual infection prevention plan in conjunction with the QAPI and Risk Management Committee
- Evaluating the annual plan for goal achievement in conjunction with the IPC
- Conducting surveillance of infections
- Ensuring the completion of audits regarding the implementation of and compliance with selected policies
- Providing education and training for all staff members and independent practitioners regarding the prevention of HAIs
- Liaise with clinical teams regarding the development of standards, audits, and research
- Presenting/providing the infection prevention annual report to the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement committee, Nursing Home Administrator, Director of Nursing. This report is to include results of infection prevention program goal achievements and matters of concern
- Cooperating with the county and state department of health regarding infectious and communicable disease reporting
- Works in office area(s) as well as throughout the Facility.
- Is involved with physicians, residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies or personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department directors.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an associate degree.
- Completed the CDC Training for Infection Control in Long Term Care Settings
- Sufficient previous experience in clinical health care including direct experience in infection prevention.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely fashion.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
- Must be knowledgeable of quality assessment and assurance procedures.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.