Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Functional Skills Teacher to join our successful teaching team and work to support a bespoke package of education in place for young people (Key Stage 3 - Key Stage 5) who are accessing a Specialist Creative College in Bolton. This is a part time role being two days per week.
The desired Functional Skills Teacher will be required to deliver Maths and English on a 1:1 basis, as part of a bespoke curriculum as the Specialist Creative College specialises in Art, Design and Craft.
You will be required to create resources and individualised learning plans, produce weekly reports of each student's engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings. Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will need to be comfortable liaising with college staff to report any issues or concerns when necessary and share appropriate information with external agencies involved in supporting the needs of the young person.
The role of the Functional Skills Teacher would be suitable for both NQTs and experienced Teachers, but the role would ideally require someone who has experience of supporting and motivating students in accessing education and overcoming barriers to learning.
The Specialist Creative College in Bolton has an alternative approach to education and supports addition/high needs routes to wellbeing and engagement. Mindfulness to be respectful, responsible, safe and kind, are at the core of the college's values. The successful Functional Skills Teacher will be joining a team of teachers, SENCOs and Wellbeing Specialists to work together to support the needs of the young people.
To be considered for the position of Functional Skills Teacher, you will:
- Hold a teaching qualification,
- Have experience teaching English and Maths,
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of staff,
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons,
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP's for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence,
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a Functional Skills Teacher and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.