Job Description Job #:
1021817Apex Systems has an opening for a Lab Technician in the Cleveland, OH area!! This role is with one of our clients who is an industry leading laboratory-testing firm! For immediate consideration for this role, please send your most up to date copy of your resume to #removed# Job Description:
The assignment is expected to last six months at a minimum with the possibility of permanent hire. We are seeking a Laboratory Technician who will be responsible for operating and maintaining various testing equipment. Our client's lab tests used oils, coolants, and fuels for trucking fleets and industrial companies to tell them the condition of the fluid and the machine it came out of. Currently they handle an average of 1200 oil samples and 200 coolant samples per day. In addition, they provide their customers with reports on their requested testing for each sample with an average two-day turn-around time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Daily activities will include:
Conducting routine chemical analysis on product and process samples utilizing wet chemistry and instrumental methods, certifying and releasing product in accordance with customer requirements, operation, maintenance and upkeep of laboratory instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot test procedures or instruments when problems arise in addition to various other departmental needs as required.
- This position will primarily work second shift. If permanently hired, shifts can potentially rotate between day and afternoon shifts. Training will be for the first few weeks of employment on standard first shift.
Potential Career Path from Position:
- The desired applicant will have a working knowledge of chemistry.
- Ability to utilize basic units of laboratory measurements.
- Perform mathematical calculations and possess the ability to work safely with minimal supervision.
- Additionally the applicant will be well organized.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Function well in a team environment.
- Familiarization with Word and Excel software on a basics level.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation.
This opportunity can turn into long-term career growth! The position will start as a contract but there is possibility to hire. The possibility to hire will be determined off work ethic and professionalism.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178. - provided by Dice