Residential Technician/Support Staff
This position is responsible for helping to facilitate clients through their daily programing schedules in a residential substance abuse setting. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Monitors client’s behaviors and assist client’s needs during shift.
• Works directly with clients receiving detoxification services and monitors progress. Charts client vitals per physician order.
• Supervises self-administered medications with documentation as directed.
• Conducts supportive one-on-one meetings with clients to help resolve issues.
• Documents observations/milieu interventions in client's electronic/paper records.
• Facilitates “small group discussion” group, and other groups as needed.
• Conducts AMA prevention and crisis intervention with immediate notification to Program Director.
• Ensures safety of all clients through regular house checks and client rounds.
• Completes daily shift log.
• Conducts UA drug screen as directed.
• Assists with community outings, 12 step meetings and transportation as needed.
• Facilitates accountability for clients in maintaining room and facility cleanliness.
• Light cleaning responsibilities.
• Participates in staff meetings, team meetings and in-service trainings.
• Maintain ethical boundaries with clients.
• Special Projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
• Three or more years of verifiable experience in residential/outpatient substance abuse treatment.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Valid Drivers License.
• Previous experience in a recovery related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of substance abuse related issues and the recovery process.
• Knowledge of the recovery field including the recovery practices and the 12-step process.
• Ability to maintain ethical and professional boundaries with clients and staff members.
• Knowledge of the process and signs of acute withdrawal from substances.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• CPR certification
Role: Residential Technician/Support Staff
Apply for this job now.