Safety Manager enforces and monitors adherence to health and safety policies, procedures and legislation, ensuring all safety credentials are maintained, and acting as a resource for all safety related requirements, including auditing, inspections and accident investigations as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Prevents accidents by investigating accidents; identifying causes of accidents and hazards; developing preventive measures and practices; conferring with insurance carriers; managing safety committee; preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
* Prepares staff by developing and disseminating preventive information; conducting training; providing consultations.
* Represents the organization by attending hearings; presenting information.
* Maintains safe facilities by providing information relevant to the design and construction of facilities, and the installation of equipment; conducting inspections; recommending improvements.
* Recommends purchase of safety equipment by coordinating requirements with purchasing; evaluating products.
* Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional and technical publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances safety and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Prevents OSHA citations by studying and interpreting regulations and standards; conducting inspections; identifying problems; developing solutions; accompanying and working with inspectors.
* Provides safety information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; publishing reports; writing newspaper articles and special bulletins; maintaining osha records; submits OSHA reports.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Must have a OSHA 500 Certification, CHST,CSP, or STS Certification
Must have at least 8 years experience in construction safety.
Safety Management, Analyzing Information , Informing Others, Written Communication, Legal Compliance, Judgment, Integrity, OSHA Compliance, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance
A Full Service Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Company
Role: Site Safety and Health Officer
Apply for this job now.