We are currently looking for a Glass Technician for our client who will be reporting into the Project Manager, responsible with assisting with the glass installation project from start to finish.
This role is from Monday through Friday, on a full-time basis, between the hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm, all over the Greater Toronto area. You will be eligible to drive the work vehicle, pick-up is in Mississauga.
Why is this job important?
Their Glass Technicians are the bolts to our glass. You will play a key role in supporting design visions and turning them into reality. You are skilled, technical and show up on time.
- Take measures, mark, and cut material and prepare worksite for glass installation
- Responsible for picking up material and dropping it off at various job sites (approx. 2 sites per day)
- Use suction cups or cranes to lift out glass panel and cut hardware and metal rods for glass installation
- Lift, hold and secure glass panels and mirrors into position with putty, cement, screws, or bolts
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Safety is our number one priority and with that comes the responsibility for maintaining a safe work environment which includes keeping the client location clean and always organized
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management
Who you are:
- Minimum 1 year of construction experience
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Experience using power tools
- Carpentry and/or glazing experience is an asset
- Shows up to the jobsite on time and ready to work
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs frequently
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time
- Hardworking individual who understands the importance of deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable with schedule which could include working holidays and some weekends as required
What's in it for you:
- Excellent working environment including management
- Access to a work vehicle
Please submit your resume, and if you are selected for the position to move forward, we will be in contact. Thank you to all applicants.
Inflo HR Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO), and we welcome candidates from all abilities and backgrounds. We are compliant with AODA legislation and will comply with the accessibility needs of our candidates. Please indicate if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.