Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30.00 - £35.00 per hour
Are you passionate about sport and fitness? Do you have a degree in sport science or a related discipline? Do you have experience of teaching and assessing student learning in higher education?
We are looking for a Sports Lecturer to join our team of dedicated and enthusiastic educators at our Further Education (FE) college.
As a Lecturer in Sport and Fitness, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, preparing and delivering lectures, seminars, tutorials and practical sessions to undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Assessing and providing feedback on student work, including coursework, exams and dissertations
- Supervising and supporting student projects, placements and research activities
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, colleagues and external partners
- Engaging in continuous professional development and scholarly activity
- Participating in academic administration and quality assurance processes
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Have a teaching qualification i.e. PTLLS or PGCE or the willingness to work towards one within an outlined period of time
- Experience of teaching Sport at various levels, from GCSE to A-level or equivalent
- Evidence of teaching and assessing student learning in higher education
- Evidence of research and/or enterprise activity in sport science, nutrition or a closely related discipline
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- A commitment to enhancing the student experience and supporting student success
Benefits of working with Reed Further Education:
- Weekly Pay
- Continual Professional Development - Access to training through REED Learning.
- Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
- Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
- The ability to sign up to REED Discount Club.
- Eye Test and Spectacle Vouchers
This role is based in the Winchester area, paying £30-35 per hour.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking'ApplyNow’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will also be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.