Assists the Claims Manager with clerical and administrative duties in the Claims Department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive claims from Customers.
- Open an electronic claim file and register on statistics systems
- Respond to the claimant with case number
- Review supporting documents against requirements and ask for any missing supports
- Send the explanation of resolution letter to customer
- Maintain claim statistics
- Create Cargo Insurance declaration and report for management
- Arrange for surveys when required
- Review stripping reports for LCL containers sent by agents
- Internal and external communications with staff and agents
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
No travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Two years industry experience required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Industry continuing education
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Employee must be authorized to work in the United States.
King Ocean Agency provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are a company dedicated to its customers and family of talented employees. We come to work with just one goal in mind: offer the best service to the community while working in a friendly and professional environment.
Role: Cargo Claims Assistant
Apply for this job now.