Company: RGB RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
RGB are delighted to be supporting a South West based Construction and Civil Engineering Contractor who are embarking on a variety of projects from heavy civil engineering project to housing estate builds. Operating across Devon & Cornwall, the company specializing in Civil Engineering & Groundworks are recruiting for an experienced Manager to cover the West Devon and Cornwall region. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company who have built a great reputation and grown impressively over the years now enjoying the market share of their specialist sector. Due to a number of new sites starting and increase in workload, the group are seeking an experienced Site Manager to strengthen their team. Projects vary and can include residential developments, roads & infrastructure, retaining walls and bulk excavation. Reporting into an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing multiple jobs across the Cornwall ensuring projects are delivered safely, to time and customer satisfaction.Liaising with clients directly, you will be well versed in negotiating contracts, progress reporting and monitoring budgets. Applicants must have:
- Experience of steel framed office buildings & Industrial units
•Previous Supervisor / Management experience within the Civil Engineering and/or Groundworks sector
- Good knowledge of the local marketplace and supply chain
- Commercially and contractually aware with sound negotiation skills
- Excellent technical construction knowledge and understanding
- The company offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and good team environment.
- Handled customer complaints with empathy and composure.
- Daily running of remediations works on new build housing estate
- Liaising with site management and the project manager
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with the customer specification
- Operate and promote a high standard of H&S and environmental compliance
- Support the overall achievement of management.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with the method statement
- Conduct quality control checks and as built records
- Monitor and record all quantities of materials used
- First Aid
- HSE Training
- Confined space
This is a great opportunity to really put your stamp on the scheme, as you'd be involved at the very beginning of the project which offers long term contract potential. Technically aware, it is envisaged you'll have sound knowledge of Infrastructure delivery gained with reputable Contracting businesses though some client side experience in addition would be a bonus. As the appointed Site Supervisor you will have a track record in delivering Highways upgrade major schemes and its essential that you have a valid Gold or Black CSCS card.