System one is actively seeking a GIS Technician for a long-term contract position in Birmingham, AL.
This position includes Input, processing, and maintenance of Transmission and Distribution assets in the ESRI GIS database. Also includes spatial analysis and specialized map production. Once the 2-3 month training period is completed in, candidate may work remote.
GIS Technician Responsibilities:
- Assembly and disassembly of turbochargers and turbocharger components and all associated processes, in accordance with ABB working instructions and quality standards.
- Skilled in the use of metric and imperial measuring tools, such as verniers, calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Cleaning turbocharger and turbocharger components to ABB standards using wet and dry-cleaning processes, ensuring the integrity of the components material and dimension.
- Knowledge and skill of operating of rotating machinery, such as balancing machines, lathes, drills, boring machines correctly and in a safe manner, working with close tolerances.
- Ability to read and understand instruction books and drawings written in English and to communicate efficiently and effectively in a professional manner, both verbal or written.
- Basic knowledge of turbocharger and engine principles, product range and repair techniques with ability to troubleshoot and provide information for investigation reports and operational inspections to assist customers and improve the efficiency and operation of their product.
- Receiving turbochargers and components into the service group and evaluating/reporting on the repairs that need to be completed and/or spare parts that need to be ordered within ABB guidelines and working instructions.
- Maintains controls of all special and hand tooling, slings, lifting and safety equipment to ensure that they are in good order.
- Ensures that the workshop machines are clean and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions with records of inspections and work performed
- Ensures the cleanliness and upkeep of the workshop, thereby creating an efficient and customer focused work environment in the shop and on jobsites.
- Maintain continuous training of all new product and processes, best practices and product service all in accordance with working instructions and company regulations to maintain a high quality of service engineering group.
- Reviews and evaluates shop and service working practices, suggest and implement corrective actions where necessary to improve the efficiency of the service performance level.
GIS Technician Requirement:
- M- F
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, or similar field
- Flexible to work 40 hours a week, M-F, 8–10-hour shifts
- CAD is a plus
Duration: Long-term contract
Location: Birmingham, AL