Road Warriors needed! We have several positions available for qualified Tower Groundmen, Climbers, QA personnel and Crew Leads across the Southern and Southwestern US. Must be able to perform tower assembly/construction/modification, antennas, lines, radios, and ancillary equipment. Travel will be required.
- Ability to operate aerial lifts, man lifts, skid steers and aerial platform equipment
- Able to work directly with customers, and build BOM based on job needs per plans
- DC/AC electrical skills is desired - not necessary
- Ability to read and understand drawings, piping diagrams, job specifications, mounting specs, testing procedures, etc
- Line Sweep and PIM testing
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct mechanical or electrical connections
- Working knowledge of Fall Protection practice and procedures and tower life saving techniques
- Must be able to work in a team environment participating in tailboards throughout the day
- Must be able to climb and perform work at various heights, up to 400 feet, for long periods of time
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes
- Must be able to pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time
- Must be willing to travel out of market/state, for up to several months at a time
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
- May be required to work beyond 40 hour weeks
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
- Position requires valid DL and good driving record for insurance purposes.
Education and Certifications
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); related trade school education, Military or some college preferred.
- Must have or obtain documented Authorized Climber & Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution that meets the federal standards
- Must have or obtain OSHA Construction 10 HR Safety Training Card issued by the US Department of Labor (CCLD can assist in obtaining this requirement)
- Must have or obtain First Aid and CPR certification(CCLD can assist in obtaining this requirement)
- Must have completed an RF/EME safety course from a competent provider with documentation (CCLD can assist in obtaining this requirement)
What we offer:
- $18-30/hour, depending on skill set and experience
- Per diem for travel
- Benefits, including health, dental and short/long term disability
- Job-based performance bonuses
- Rotations for out of market crews
- Candidate referral program.
CHC Consulting is not your everyday, cookie cutter kind of OSP engineering firm. We're better. We provide high caliber outside plant engineering solutions to top companies in the telecommunications industry. Our singular focus: engineering solutions for the telecom industry. Our signature outcome: satisfied clients. We provide turnkey, cost effective engineering solutions that save clients time, resources and money.
Role: Tower Techs, Groundmen, QA, and Leads: Competitive Pay + Per Diem
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.