My housing client based in the Burnley area are looking for an experienced Service Charge Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a forward thinking organisation, who really look after their staff & offer excellent benefits.
There are options of working from home & the office as a split week, to be decided upon by workload, 2 days in the office, 3 days at home for example.
My client has a matched county council pension, 27 days base holiday, rising up to 33 days after a certain length of service.
The role involves the following duties & responsibilities:-
1. To lead on year end production of service charge statements for customers and liaise with auditors for sign off.
2. To Support the Senior Finance Business Partner to develop and implement group service charge policies and frameworks, contributing to reviews to ensure ongoing compliance with legislation, government guidelines, and Group policy.
3. To act as the lead for all colleague/internal service charge related queries, ensuring accurate and consistent application of charges and service charge calculations across the Group for all customer types including leaseholders and tenants with Secure Rent Status.
4. To ensure that the information held on all group IT systems with regards to service charges and other charges is up to date, including new properties built or acquired during the year.
5. To provide relevant service charge information to support the Group in providing performance and budget information. Including supporting any reviews on VfM of services delivered to customers
6. Manage internal and external stakeholders effectively, building constructive working relationships to effectively deliver the groups service charge strategy.
7. Manage the workflow within the team, ensure that compliance checks and reviews on service charge expenditure are carried out.