Position Summary An energetic individual who can work well independently. Would prefer an individual with knowledge of the construction industry.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull or push objects weighing 50-85 lbs.
- Must understand safety rules and tool/equipment instructions.
- Must maintain jobsite cleanliness, removing any safety hazards and following material disposal protocol.
- Identify safety hazards for you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb or crawl.
- Able to tolerate heights without fear.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time, reach for, handle or manipulate items for work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet).
- Must maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must pass any skills tests as required by the jobsite.
- Must be able to read and understand safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of tolls and equipment.
- Due to varied conditions, must know the hazards and understand the safety requirements of each job, and must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies for every situations
- Must be able to consistently display positive and cooperative attitude while being given direction.
- Must perform additional related duties, as directed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work is generally is completed outside on a construction site, renovating occupied facilities such as hospitals, labs, nursing homes, etc. The position is often exposed to sounds and loud noises, such as construction equipment. The job requires they wear protective equipment when on the construction site (hardhats and safety glasses). Temperature and conditions may vary depending on the weather and conditions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, tolerate heights, and able to talk and hear other employees talking. The employee must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, 50 pounds frequently, and 20 pounds constantly.
Expected Hours of Work
Full time, more than 40- hours a week. May work nights and weekends, construction may, at times, continue around the clock to meet deadlines.
Must have reliable transportation. Must be willing to travel 60 miles a day dependent on project location relative to where the employee lives.
Required Education and Experience
- There are no minimal educational requirements.
Preferred Education and Experience
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a field or laborer commercial construction position.