Dialysis Care Center/Home Dialysis Services, a rapidly growing boutique dialysis provider based in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, is seeking a Dialysis Nurse Clinic Manager at our Mechanicsburg, PA location. There will be on-the-job training.
Position Details: The Clinic Manager plans, coordinates and manages the clinic operations and employees assigned to the assigned clinic. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the patients the assigned clinic. Ensures quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall supervision to the assigned clinic.
- Reviews physician lab orders for accuracy in the Medical Information System as required.
- Maintains appropriate skill level in the operation of all home dialysis therapy equipment including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone.
- Work with physicians and RNs to increase patient census.
- Promotes operational efficiency and works to achieve quality goals.
- Responsible for QAPI assigned clinic & participates in Governing body meetings.
- Ensures adequate staffing.
- Processes the time cards, time off requests and time card approvals for the team along with the necessary paperwork provided to HR.
- Ensures nursing staff is providing quality and appropriate patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
- Participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation and selection of candidates for the Dialysis Program, including assessment of patients’ home environment.
- Trains home patients and their families on the safe and effective operation and maintenance of all specific equipment through a formal Dialysis Training program.
- Educates patients and family regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and information specific to all Treatment Options available to patients with ESRD.
- Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their dialysis care, peritoneal or vascular access and home dialysis therapy, medications, and other related health conditions.
- Provides oversight, supervision and on-going support to the Dialysis RN/PD and HHD staff.
- Provides oversight and supervision of all Patient Care Technicians/Staff Assistant Caregivers.
- Communicates patient related issues to the Clinical Area Manager or the Director of Operations and the patient’s physician as needed.
- Reports adverse patient events at home or in the facility/clinic as well as equipment and technology related problems to the Clinical Area Manager or the Director of Operations
- Maintains appropriate skill level in the operation of all home dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Responsible for supporting the values and customer service standards of HDS/DCC.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all staff, clients and vendors.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Initiates action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting; experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word and Excel a must;
- Good presentation & communication skills
- Must be productive & resourceful with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent leadership skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently yet function in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills
- High integrity, team player with patient service focus and flexibility
Education and Experience:
- A licensed RN, BSN preferred
- Current CPR card
- 2 - 3 years nursing experience required
We offer competitive benefits and wages.
Job Type: Full-time
Dialysis Care Center (DCC) parent company of Home Dialysis Services (HDS) is a privately held company that provides dialysis at home and in-center to patients experiencing kidney failure. Since our founding in 2010, we have grown exponentially and currently have facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Florida, and Pennsylvania.
Our team understands that, together, the work we do helps each patient we serve to enjoy a healthier, higher quality of life. Whether you’re caring for our patients one-on-one as a patient care technician, keeping our financial accounts current as an accounts payable clerk, or working in any position in-between, you can be confident that your efforts are allowing HDS to achieve our mission of providing the highest quality care and treatment available for all kidney-related conditions.
If you are looking for a career opportunity in a family-like atmosphere with exciting expansion and growth, apply today and come grow with us!
Role: Dialysis Nurse
Apply for this job now.