A nationwide leader in environmental management is seeking dynamic and energetic people hazmat drivers who are interested in an exciting career in the growing environmental services industry! Experience is preferred but we will train the right people!
We don’t just promise growth opportunity, we create it through employee training, and mentoring!
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Pick-up and delivery of hazardous and non-hazardous waste and materials with a sharp focus on customer service.
- Assist Dispatcher, as requested.
- Show determination/eagerness to learn and retain a basic knowledge of daily work practices.
- Develop an understanding of DOT, EPA & OSHA regulations and TEIs Health and Safety Practices.
- Understand and execute all required paperwork.
- Routinely perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, all Drivers will be on a rotating ER team; requirements include wearing pagers 24 hours a day during their ER week. In addition, the position includes the daily need to lift items that weigh up to 75 lbs. and to operate commercial motor vehicles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Basic knowledge of, or interest in, hazardous waste field.
- Self-motivated person with the desire to learn.
- Successful completion of OSHA/ DOT physical examination which includes drug and alcohol screening
- Completion of 40 Hour OSHA, CPR and First Aid Training.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and computers.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our client offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!
Role: Local A or B CDL Driver
Apply for this job now.