Company: PLANET FITNESS - EXCEL FITNESS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job DescriptionGrow with us!
We are Excel Fitness, a Planet Fitness franchise group based out of Austin, TX with 80+ clubs and growing! Since 2016, we have grown from 16 locations in TX to over 80 locations in 6 states in great markets like Austin, Dallas, Raleigh, Tulsa, and NW Arkansas. We are opening new clubs each year and with that kind of growth, you can build a great career here! In fact, most of our senior managers started at entry-level and worked their way up to now earning base salaries that begin at $42k as a GM, $60k as a Regional Manager (responsible for 5-10 locations), and all the way up to over a $100k as a Regional Director overseeing 10+ locations! All of our Team Players (what we call our employees)
are responsible for creating a positive member experience through a superior level of customer service and cleanliness, and no matter where you start
, there is room to grow with us! See for yourself!
What are you waiting for? APPLY TODAY!
The Fitness Trainer
will be responsible for creating a positive member experience through fitness knowledge and support. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program, including creating and following the schedule.
- Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and instruct them on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member's expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter commercial cleaning products during shift.
- Our team players and members are our top priority! That's why we are following super-strict safety and cleaning protocols.
- Masks are optional for team players.
- Squeaky Clean! We've always been known for our clean clubs, but we have kicked that up to ensure our equipment and facilities are effectively sanitized against COVID-19.
- Social Fitnessing! We offer a touch-less check-in for our members and promote keeping a safe distance between all.
- Need a day off? Full-time employees have paid leave to take a break!
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.