Role: Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Ushaw Moor
Start: September - both full time and part time roles available
Are you passionate about working with children? Do you enjoy helping children develop and learn?
Do you have an interest or have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs?
A number of primary schools located in Ushaw Moor are seeking experienced Primary SEN Teaching Assistants to join them on long term and full time and part time contracts.
- Minimum Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification
- Experience working with pupils with SEN needs e.g ASD, ADHD, SEMH, EBD
- Able to support the class teacher with differentiation; able to support the planning and delivery of learning opportunities tailored to the unique needs of each child
- Maintain positive behaviour management in line with school policies and strategies, through engaging and successfully challenging pupils.
- Assess and record pupils' progress and consistently to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning, and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving
- Be child centred - dedicated, engaging, and inspiring
- Competitive salary of £325-£375 per week, paid weekly
- Holds a Child Only DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to apply for one)
These lovely schools, located in Ushaw Moor area are recruiting for Primary SEN Teaching Assistants who have experience or a real passion working with children with SEN. The ideal Primary SEN Teaching Assistant for these SEN Schools will have experience working with either ASD, ADHD, Asperges, SEMH or challenging behaviour.
You will be required to work 1-2-1 with children across EYFS, KS1 and KS2. The children in these schools are eager to learn and just needs additional support to keep focused and engaged with learning. You will be required to plan activities to keep the children motivated and encourage successful learning outcomes. You will also have access to great facilities and resources!