COMPANY: RESOURCE SOLUTIONS
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
We are seeking an Senior Data Analyst with a strong background in Finance and reasonable data exploration skills to help us expand our analytics platform (Cornerstone) from which we create bespoke portfolio construction tools, Investment dashboards and insights for Front Office. The candidate will have the right mix of data analysis & exploration skills, supplemented with financial markets knowledge to create a seamless end to end approach. Key responsibilities: - Responsible for ensuring the integration and provisioning of data into the analytics platform required to build bespoke portfolio construction outcomes.
- Working closely with the IT department to deliver changes in our data platform.
- Engaging with consultants, project teams and our key business/IT stakeholders to ensure projects are successfully delivered to meet system, business and associated downstream reporting requirements. -
- Participate in system, business and data analysis which includes data modelling, data integration as well as the implementation of resulting business processes.
- Responsible for ensuring business as usual changes emanating from all parts of the company are adequately reflected in the analytics platform.
- Supporting testers to ensure understanding of requirements, enabling them to perform test planning and execution against functional/ non-functional changes.
- Contributing to the ongoing process efficiency within the analytics platform.
- An ability to streamline and automate processes is desirable.
- Strong data exploration and programming skills: preferably one or some of the following:
- SQL / R / Python / VBA - Experience supporting delivery of IT related change including data analysis, documentation of requirements and stake holder engagement / management.
- Proactive self-starter who can prioritise, manage their own workload and creating structure in abstract assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience of managing multiple stake holders both on the business and IT side.
- Experience within financial markets, specifically within multi-asset and/or manager-of-manager.
- Preferably 5+ years with exposure to Equity, Bonds, Options, Swaps, Futures, FX instruments
- Experience using data visualisation tools, preferably Spotfire or PowerBI (beneficial).
- Experience of BlackRock Aladdin and any of the associated analytics data coming out of their platform (beneficial).