Cumberland Pharmaceuticals is a growing specialty pharmaceutical company that acquires, develops and commercializes branded, prescription biopharmaceutical products. We are dedicated to providing innovative, high quality products that improve the care for patients.
We grew from our founding to become a member of the Inc 500 fastest growing private companies in America. We followed with an Initial Public Offering and listing on the NASDAQ stock exchange, which has provided us with a strong financial foundation.
Cumberland is based in Nashville, Tennessee which features the largest concentration of health care companies in the United States. We are also working with Vanderbilt University and other academic research centers across the region, to identify research breakthroughs and jointly advance the resulting products towards the marketplace.
Our commercial portfolio includes seven FDA approved brands. Our strategy involves maximizing the potential of our existing brands, while continuing to build a line of differentiated products. We support our products through our national hospital and field sales divisions, as well as our medical science liaison team. As we focus on the U.S., we also have a network of distinguished partners around the world to bring our medicines to patients in their countries.
In addition to our marketed brands, we have a robust pipeline of new product candidates in late stage clinical development that are designed to treat diseases that today have no effective treatment.
Our culture fosters a respectful, ethical and enjoyable workplace aimed at delivering success through the team efforts of our high performance, dedicated organization. Our people are Cumberlands most valuable assets, and we have a number of programs designed for employee development, recognition and rewards.
To act as the gateway to Cumberlands corporate offices. To greet visitors in a manner representative of Cumberlands professionalism, courtesy and enthusiasm. To be responsible for Cumberlands front desk activities, including phones, visitors, and routine tasks. Also oversees Companys office and facility maintenance.
- Answer, screen and route all incoming calls.
- Greet and coordinate company visitors.
- Use judgment to determine how to handle situations from routine to complex.
- Send, open and distribute company mail and packages.
- Help maintain office files for Cumberland and CET as needed.
- Manage office areas and kitchens maintenance to remain presentable and orderly.
- Assist all levels of CPI employees with special projects, as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for executives including ground transportation and hotels if needed.
- Manage coordination and calendar scheduling of various other meetings.
- Review FedEx, Staples, Office Depot, Corporate credit card and other assigned vendors statements. Match up receipts for accounting.
- Compose and/or type letters, documents, faxes, expense reports, presentations, mail merges, etc.
- Coordinate and execute Cumberlands yearly holiday card mailing.
- Assist with special projects, as assigned.
PART IV. - PRINCIPAL RELATIONSHIPS:
a. Inside the Company - Confers with all levels of management and staff, as requested.
b. Outside the Company - Any individual or group which is necessary to complete the assigned task and has been approved by the supervisor.
c. Others Liaise with external professional relations, as assigned.
- Vacation days
- Personal days
- Sick days
- 13 Paid company holidays
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability