Company: REED TALENT SOLUTIONS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £42,090 - £48,996 per annum
Digital Transformation Project Manager12-month fixed term contract (possibility of extension)Edinburgh/Hybrid£42,090 to £48,996 per annum (Grade E3)
The Scottish Funding Council (SFC) is Scotland’s tertiary education and research authority. Our ambition is to make Scotland an outstanding place to learn, educate, research, and innovate - now and for the future. So, naturally, we have a clear focus on recruiting the best people and developing them throughout their career.
We’re not only looking for the best people to come and work for us, but also people who will connect with our guiding principles which include working in partnership, championing diversity, and supporting sustainability for future generations.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Transformation Project Manager with a strong background in cloud-based platforms. As a Digital Transformation Project Manager, you will be accountable for the successful delivery of projects that supports the SFC's mission. The successful candidate will be a champion of Agile and innovative project management practices and will work collaboratively with internal and external teams to deliver high quality projects, on time, within budget.
- Lead and manage digital transformation projects within the Microsoft Azure ecosystem, employing PRINCE2 Agile methodologies and innovative project management strategies.
- Develop comprehensive project plans aligned with SFC's strategic vision, integrating cutting-edge technologies and methodologies.
- Serve as the principal liaison for all project stakeholders, fostering robust relationships with clients, vendors, and internal teams.
- Cultivate an environment of collaboration and continual innovation, encouraging learning and improvement within project teams.
- Proactively manage project risks and issues, implementing effective mitigation strategies.
- Oversee project finances and resources, utilizing a data-driven approach for decision-making.
- Deliver precise and timely project updates to senior management and stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance project documentation, ensuring it reflects current best practices and insights.
It is important through your CV / Cover Letter that you give evidence of proven experience of each of the following essential criteria:
- Substantial experience of delivering projects and solutions within cloud-based platforms.
- Well-developed knowledge of cloud-based services and tools, as well as experience with Agile methodologies and innovative project management practices.
- Demonstratable ability to successfully deliver digital transformation projects in challenging environments.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate project teams and stakeholders.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and a passion for creating an inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Degree level education (SCQF Level 9), or equivalent experience, in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Project Management or Business Administration.
- Certification in Project Management (PMP, PRINCE2, or equivalent).
- Experience in change management methodologies.
- Familiarity with digital transformation best practices and trends.
Additional information:LocationSFC offers hybrid working for its employees. This means that whilst the role is based at our Edinburgh office, Ss a rule of thumb SFC expects that a minimum of three days a month in the office (on average).
Key Rewards and Benefits
- Normal full-time hours of work are 35 per week. We will consider flexible working arrangements. A flexi-time system is in operation.
- Annual leave entitlement of 26.5 days pro-rata, rising to 30 days pro-rata after 4 years’ continuous service. Public and privilege holiday entitlement of 11.5 days pro-rata.
- A flexible approach to hybrid working, giving you flexibility to work from home for some of the time while also maintaining regular in-person contact with colleagues.
- Annual pay review: approved within the framework of the Scottish Government’s Public Sector Pay Policy and negotiated with our recognised trade union, Unite. Salaries are reviewed annually in April for employees who commence employment prior to 1 October in the preceding year.
- Eligibility to join the Civil Service Pension Scheme. With its low member contribution rates and generous employer contributions, this gives you a secure, inflation-proof pension for life with no investment uncertainty.
- Support for continuous professional development.
- Support for health and wellbeing, including generous occupational sick pay, free access to confidential advice and support through our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, Special Leave (paid and unpaid), a contribution to learning outside work through our Lifelong Learning Fund, free winter flu vaccination, and access to occupational health support.
- Support for travel to and from work, including a salary sacrifice cycle loan scheme, cycle storage and shower facilities, an interest-free loan for bus or rail season tickets and free office car parking for employees on a first-come basis.
The Selection Process
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your CV and cover letter. The selection panel will use this evidence to assess your application against the selection criteria in the Person Specification section above. It is not mandatory to provide a cover letter but it can be beneficial to provide further evidence of your suitability against the essential skills.
Please ensure your application demonstrates how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification for the role. The selection panel will then select the shortlist of candidates to take forward to interview stage.
Expected Timeline:The Closing date for applications is Monday 4th December 2023Panel sift is due to take place on Thursday 7th December 2023Interviews are due to take place week commencing 11th December 2023.