Harwood International is seeking a Safety Manager to be based in our Dallas office. This individual will develop policies and procedures and will manage their implementation. This individual will implement Harwood’s environmental health and safety plan (EHSP) and related programs at assigned construction project(s)/business units. The safety manager will work with our project management team and our subcontractors to recognize and address potential hazards before they exist and will ensure compliance with our EHSP utilizing behavior-based safety techniques.
Exempt / Salaried
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Lead and live Harwood’s injury-free environment culture.
- Shepherd and develop career path safety coordinator(s).
- Lead pre-qualification processes between DPR and its subcontractors.
- Coach Harwood’s sub management on safety leadership and management practices.
- Provide trending analysis for project/ regional data on a weekly, monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Foster the development of safety programs and protocols.
- Develop and blend site-specific safety plan(s) that incorporates both Harwood and our core market customers’ safe work practices.
- Assist with the continual development of new methods for abating hazards.
- Perform regular jobsite safety audits of worksite activities. Share findings, corrective actions and corrective plans with Harwood project management.
- When necessary, Harwood’s EHS should utilize every resource necessary, including escalation, to ensure the maintenance of an injury-free environment.
- Help monitor the subcontractor selection process and adherence to established environmental safety and health guidelines.
- Measure team engagement regarding safety management practices.
- Administrative duties may include maintaining regional safety files such as safety training documentation, applicable medical certifications, environmental testing and special associated training, investigation reports including close calls, injury summaries, leading indicator data and other safety and health documentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on construction sites.
- OSHA 500 training.
- Competent person, train-the-trainer, and other activity specific certifications.
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite.
- Oral and writing skills.
- Degree in safety management or CHST certification a plus.
- Manufacturing / pharmaceutical / OSHPD experience a plus.
- Carpenter or laborer union affiliation okay.
- Salary-based position.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May be some flexibility in hours required.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in relevant field
- Able to work with architects and engineers
- Ability to develop relationships and work with senior level executives
- Exceptional written / verbal communication skills, report writing and spreadsheet creation
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Familiar with CAD, InDesign and Sketchup
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactorily passing the pre-hire background screening and will also take into account the results of any reference checks, behavioral interview results, and/or pre-hire tests or profiles.
Harwood is committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against Associates or applicants in any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any legally-recognized basis (protected classes) included but not limited to: age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, national origin, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law. This non-discrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all Company facilities, participation in all Company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions, such as promotions, compensation, training, benefits and termination of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, schedules, work hours, responsibilities and other work activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Harwood International is a family owned business with nearly 500 associates. The 18 block Harwood District includes eight acres of gardens, more than 6,000 parking spaces, and six office buildings - with additional luxury office, residential and hospitality space currently under development.
Role: Construction Safety Manager
Apply for this job now.