COMPANY: HILTON LONDON KENSINGTON HOTEL
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
The UK Management Development Programme aims to develop a select group of talented, nationally mobile graduates and give them an intensive development opportunity to be running their own Food & Beverage, Front Office or Conference & Events department within 18 months.
What Does the Programme Cover?
- UK MDP consists of an 18-month training program, which includes two placements in two different locations in the UK, each lasting 9 months.
- Following successful completion of the 18 month programme, you will be appointed as an Assistant Head of Department or Head of Department in one of our hotels (depending on the scale of the hotel).
- During your placements, you will experience the Food & Beverage and Front Office operations, whilst also getting exposure to supporting departments.
- You will participate in group modules and have business driven projects to complete.
What are the Learning Benefits?
The Programme runs over 18 months with a structured framework of practical and highly interactive learning and development activities, including;
- Induction to the Programme, the wider business, Hilton history, culture and current business focus
- A Food & Beverage placement
- A Rooms Division placement
- Exposure to Business Development, HR and Finance
- One-to-one mentor with regular feedback
- Career development reviews
- Regular & structured Line Manager feedback
- Management and Leadership Development programmes
- Technical development modules
- Practical assignment aligned to Food & Beverage placement
- Hilton University modules
It is important to us that you are able to demonstrate our Hilton values. We expect you to be driven, commercially focused, with excellent people skills and a real passion for operations.
Mobility is an extremely important factor as the right person is expected to be working in at least two different locations during the programme, which can be anywhere in the UK for 9 months each.
- You must have graduated with a Bachelor''''s degree in 2019 or 2020;
- You must speak, read and write English fluently;
- You must hold a UK/EU passport and/or be eligible to work in the UK;
- You will need to be fully mobile across the UK, and willing to relocate as required by Hilton;
- You must demonstrate a genuine passion and enthusiasm for hospitality;
- Previous experience in a hospitality role would be preferred, although is not essential.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this industry leading programme, please apply online on or before 19th January 2020 via # Process
There is a rigorous selection process that includes online tests, a video interview and an Assessment Center which will take place during the week commencing 16th March 2020. This not only helps to identify the right candidates, but if you are selected, it is the start of your personal development journey with Hilton. We are looking for our future leaders, so you will have proven that you too want to be world class.
Hilton Work Perks
Starting salary for the MDP programme will be £20,000 gross per annum and you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends.
See descriptionRole: 2020 Graduate Management Development Programme - Hotel Operations - UK & Ireland Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Birmingham, England, EnglandApply for this job now.