The Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our dynamic team providing EXTRAORDINARY guest services.
Join the #1 BOOKED HOTEL in the WORLD named by Trip Advisor in 2017. We take pride in our ability to stand out and be the very best. At the Best Western Squire Inn, we invest in our employees. We offer training, holiday celebrations, family movie nights, employee activities, affordable employee housing, free WiFi and utilities, a free meal every shift worked, as well as generous discounts to all of our employees within the hotel. You can also use our BW discount when you travel to any of our more than 4100 locations in over 100 countries. All of this with the added bonus of being 2 miles from one of the world’s most beautiful wonders of nature. We live and work in a vacation destination. Hiking trails, helicopter tours, airplane tours, white water rafting, or just relax and absorb all of nature’s beauty.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Guest Room Attendant 1 is an entry level hourly position within the Housekeeping team. Incumbent partners will be responsible and accountable to clean 14 assigned rooms to hotel property standards within an eight (8) hour shift after completing seven (7) days training, maintain performance at designated standards, maintain excellent attendance and exhibit a “can do” positive disposition. All GRA 1 staffers must complete the Bed Bug and I Care Training by Best Western University within 90 day probation period and be able to accomplish Level 1 Certification with a minimum of 4 out of 5 scores after evaluation. Incumbent partner is also required to attend the Premier Partner Training within the first year of employment held in the property.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as directed by business needs
· Excellent attendance in conformance with the policies established by Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn is essential to the successful performance of this position
· Maintain a “CAN DO” attitude to all guests as well as all other Team Members.
· All partners must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with communicated standards.
· Provided staff uniforms must be worn and must be clean and in good condition
· All partners are required to fully comply with the policies and procedures established by Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn to ensure safe and efficient operations of the facility.
· All must be able to acquire and apply knowledge of commercial cleaning practices and techniques along with the use of related equipment such as buffers, vacuum machines and sweepers
· All partners must answer phones and radio calls in a professional and friendly manner
· English speaking skills or understanding of the English language is preferred
· One year in the hospitality industry in housekeeping area is preferred
· Customer service skills preferred
· Ability and willingness to provide excellent customer service required
· A flexible, adaptable work ethic
· The ability to follow instruction and meet communicated standards for cleanliness and room conditions as well as health standards
· High attention to detail
· Clean assigned guestroom to property standards:
a) Making beds professionally with spotless and crisp linens (changing and removing dirty linens)
b) Dusting furniture tops of mirrors, windowsill, window tracks, credenzas, ledges, door knobs, telephones and tables and all other furniture.
c) Clean all mirrors and light fixtures.
d) Vacuum entire guestroom
e) Wipe down all baseboards
f) Tend to black marks on walls in all area of the guest room.
g) Disinfect, wipe down and dry all tub surfaces, vanity sick area, and caulking in all areas of the bathroom.
h) Clean towel racks with brass polish and wipe down and dry them daily with a clean towel.
· Report all deficient items or repairs that need to be completed in each guest room.
· Follow established health department requirement for cleanliness and safety.
· Control Keys- both master keys and room keys in order to maintain security of all guestrooms both occupied and unoccupied.
· Do not allow a guest into a room if they do not have their key, or while you are cleaning.
· Follow established lost and found guidelines. Immediately report lost and found items in vacated guest rooms to your supervisor.
· Perform all work assigned to property standards and seek approval of your work from supervisor prior to leaving your shift.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
· Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, or balance
· Ability to occasionally twist, stand, or walk
· Ability to occasionally push/pull carts with a maximum weight of up to 50 lbs.
· Dexterity for fingering, handling, and wrist motion.
· Ability to work inside with others/alone, with good ventilation, dusty at times, and power equipment
· Ability to operate in a working environment subject to varying temperature levels in winter and summer
· Employment Eligibility for the United States
Company housing ($70 per week)
Veterans services provided monthly by the VA, Entry
Generous health and welfare benefits package
401(k) with company match for full time partners
Paid sick leave and time off
One free meal a day while working on shift
Unlimited beverages during working hours
Free employee shuttle service from housing to work
Monthly excursions offered through the Grand Canyon Rec Center
Discounted hotel rooms for all Best Westerns hotels
50% restaurant and retail discounts
Role: Guest Room Attendant 1
Location: Grand Canyon,
Apply for this job now.