An overview of the role:
As part of the Digital Engineering team in Invent you will work on high profile, impactful projects with industry leading organisations to helping them to define the journey to transforming the way in which organisations develop and manufacture products and then support and maintain those products throughout their life cycle.
We're growing our team and looking for a wide range of skills and levels of experiences. We'd like to hear from you if you are early on in your career, just as much if you have management consulting experience or indeed have held senior manager roles in Digital Engineering.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals with the knowledge and creativity to deliver truly inventive solutions to our clients.
You'll bring engineering, manufacturing transformation, and/or product life cycle management or equivalent experience. This experience could have been gained through operational, technical or leadership roles in industry, or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue chip consulting organisations.
Depending on the stage you are at in your career, we're looking for appropriate levels of knowledge and/or experience of engineering and ideally manufacturing operations, including one or more of the following areas:
- Bachelors or master's in Engineering or Manufacturing related degree
- Good knowledge of manufacturing operations from one or more of the following industry sectors - Automotive, Aerospace and Defence, Engineering, FMCG and Life Sciences
- Strong understanding of the technologies underpinning manufacturing operations and their respective capabilities this should include one or more of the following - MRP, MES, SCADA, IT/OT
- Appreciation of digital twin concepts and their applications to manufacturing
- Value Stream Mapping, Manufacturing Capacity Audit and/or Operations Strategy
- Lean manufacturing toolbox familiarity, Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certificate as a plus
- Process and capability models for engineering, manufacturing and through life support
- Innovation and product life cycle management processes and value drivers
- Agile and Lean based delivery methods
- Experience in either/both TPM and TQM would also be beneficial
- Professional Systems Engineering certification from an organisation such as INCOSE, or the desire to work towards it