COMPANY: FARRAR LEVIN LEGAL RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: to £160,000
American law firm is looking to recruit an Immigration lawyer of at least 8 years’ PQE/ Call for its London office. It may be that you are experiencing “headroom issues” at your current firm meaning that partnership is not available and so you’re looking for this kind of opportunity elsewhere. This person should be experienced in advising on all forms of Business Immigration into the UK. Specific areas of experience include:
• Sponsorship licenses for workers: Tier 2, Tier 2 ICT and Tier 5
• Visas for investors/entrepreneurs
• understanding what activities business visitors to the UK are permitted to do
• advising on appropriate record keeping and monitoring processes
• applications for extension of stay and settlement
• advising on immigration issues to be aware of on setting up business in the UK
• Visas for dependants and overseas entry clearance applications, etc.
Our client requires someone who is going to thrive and relish the opportunity to build a practice in the London office and make the most of the considerable potential which, especially with the likely growth in the need for Immigration advice as a result of Brexit. Entrepreneurial spirit, being a “self-starter”, business development and networking skills are therefore just as important as technical ability, and some form of client following would obviously help to demonstrate those skills. In the short term, the successful candidate will need to be comfortable operating on their own (with trainee or paralegal support if the work justifies it). Clearly there would be partnership prospects for someone who comes in and grows a successful business.