Summary of Overall Purpose of Position: Under supervision of the Golf/Parks & Cemetery Superintendent, performs manual labor and uses tools and assigned equipment to maintain the golf course. Performs a variety of golf course maintenance duties and participates in projects on the city's golf course, clubhouse grounds, and parking lot.
Positions in this class are flexibly staffed and are normally filled by advancement from Golf Course Maintenance Worker I or, when willed from the outside, require previous and directly related experience.
Golf Course Maintenance Worker I:
Under immediate supervision, this is the entry-level class in the Golf Course Maintenance Worker series. Incumbents entering the class have limited related work experience. Generally, work is observed and reviewed both during performance and upon completion.
Golf Course Maintenance Worker II:
Under general supervision, this is the journey-level class in the Golf Course Maintenance Worker series. Incumbents assigned to this class are expected to perform the full range of work assigned, operate large scale mowing equipment and/or work with independence and initiative.
- Operates grass cutting equipment.
- Edges, rakes and replenishes sand traps.
- Empties trash cans.
- Performs custodial duties for course restrooms.
- Pushes walk-behind spreader to spread herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, and grass seed.
- Cleans and services equipment.
- Picks up trash and debris on course.
- Assists in all basic phases of golf course maintenance and related projects.
- Ensures tee markers are set, cups are properly cut, etc.
- Mows greens, tees, approaches, fairways, roughs, surrounds and native areas.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as walk-behind mowers, riding mowers, bunker rakes, string trimmers, edgers, backpack blowers; backpack sprayers, manual hand tools, trenchers, and other related equipment.
- Repairs ball marks on greens and hand fills divots with sand/seed mixture as needed.
- Plants and maintains sod, trees, shrubs, flower beds and native plants.
- Sprays weeds, tree rings and fence lines with backpack sprayer.
- Assists in irrigation repair and hand watering when needed. Marginal Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Golf Course Maintenance Worker II:
In addition to previous requirements:
Operates large scale mowing and/or aeration equipment used on fairways, roughs, surrounds, greens and tees.
Experience: Golf Course Maintenance Worker I: Previous golf course or landscape maintenance experience is preferred, but not required.
Golf Course Maintenance Worker II: One season (six months) of previous experience operating large scale mowing equipment in a golf course or landscape operation required.
Licenses/Certifications: Must possess a valid driver's license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and maintained throughout employment.
Special Requirements: None
Knowledge of: Tools and equipment used in grounds maintenance; golf course maintenance procedures; occupational safety rules and regulations;
Ability to: Operate hand and power tools; operate mowers; and perform manual labor in all weather conditions. Skill in: Skill in the use of hand and mechanical tools and equipment. Communication Skills: Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Possess a professional demeanor and an easy-going sense of humor. Tool, Machine, Equipment Operation: Various power and hand tools.
Working Conditions- Physical Demands: While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk to hear. Must have the ability to lift, bend, walk and stand for extended periods of time. Required to push, pull or lift medium to heavy objects. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Working Conditions: Regular exposure to heat, humidity, cold, wind and/or rain is expected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. The approved class specifications are not intended to and do not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.Job Posted by ApplicantPro