Head of User Research
Reporting to Digital Director
Permanent, Full Time
Competitive Basic plus benefits and bonus
London or Home Based with up to 80% UK travel (All travel to office client site will be covered)
Direct Reports: Senior Consultants
We are looking for a Head of User Research to work closely with the Methods leadership team to run and report on the successful development and delivery of our major digital transformation projects. This will initially be focused in the public sector but it is envisaged that the role will begin to diversify into the private sector over time.
As Head of User Research you will lead on the Methods user research offering, helping to win large-scale transformation projects and overseeing the user research function to ensure their successful delivery. You will work across the Digital Division as part of a multi-disciplinary team working with our clients – ensuring a consistency in our research approach across projects and delivering high-quality outputs.
You will have experience in the application of user research in the public sector, and will be comfortable explaining the benefits of a user-centred approach to stakeholders at all levels in an organisation.
You will be responsible for growing the capability and talent at all levels within your team, with a particular focus on recruiting and developing more junior members of the team. It will be important to create an environment which facilitates knowledge sharing, the sharing of best practice and embraces continuous improvement.
At Methods we believe that true digital transformation can only be delivered when organisations have empathy for their users, and build their services around their needs.
Methods has developed a strong reputation for high quality delivery and innovation within a fiercely competitive marketplace. An important part of this role will be to identify and develop opportunities to promote our research approach and to continue to develop the Methods’ brand.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of transformation strategies helping delivery teams to provide high quality outcomes, within target project margins, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times
- Manage, coach, support, motivate and develop team members to enable them to deliver to the best of their ability
- Nurture Methods’ User Research community of practice to promote knowledge sharing, continuous evolution of the practice and continuous improvement
- Deliver both new and build on existing insight and analytics
- Contribute to the qualification, creation and management of bids
- Provide regular and consistent management reporting against a range of metrics
- Act as an advocate and spokesperson for Methods. Identify opportunities to promote a user-centred approach and to develop the Methods’ brand
- Provide experienced leadership in developing and implementing a culture of service excellence, working to embed the standards, behaviours and strategies needed to bring about lasting improvements in service delivery
- Identify, nurture and coach talent across the team and play an active role in people development initiatives
- 3+ years experience working on large scale Digital transformation programmes in the public sector
- Track record of building teams and developing talent
- Knowledge and experience of the GDS Digital by Default Service Standards and Service Design approach
- Experience of working in ambiguous environments with complex stakeholder requirements
Why join us?
Bonus Eligible, based on company and individual performance.
Holiday 25 days a year (3 to be taken at Christmas)
Insurance Death in Service benefit of 4 times base salary (after probation)
Medical Private Medical insurance provided through Bupa (after probation)
Pension Matched 3% into company scheme (after 3 months)
Role: Head of User Research
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London, London, London
Apply for this job now.