We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a background in landscape-scale conservation/ land management to develop and help implement an exciting programme of on-the-ground catchment scale projects in partnership with Yorkshire Water.
The National Trust and Yorkshire Water have developed an innovative and exciting strategic partnership to support healthy and resilient catchments in Yorkshire and deliver better outcomes for people, the environment, and wildlife.
The partnership will see the Trust and Yorkshire Water work collaboratively in areas where the charity and the water company have shared interests. These include delivering on-site Natural Flood Management projects, developing shared policy positions, and fostering members' and customers' relationships with some of Yorkshire's most precious landscapes.
As a next step, the National Trust and Yorkshire Water are jointly recruiting this role and the successful applicant will work across both organisations to drive the partnership forward and will help our teams work more closely together to significantly progress key workstreams and implement exciting partnership projects.
You will be driving forwards communication and engagement projects that seek to deliver our shared objectives.
You will build and manage the partnership's programme to achieve this, co-ordinating delivery across the two organisations, driving forward the partnership and servicing the programme board.
You will be spending time in both Yorkshire Water and National Trust offices to help our teams work more closely together to significantly progress key workstreams and implement exciting partnership projects
As a self-motivated, experienced project/programme manager you'll know how to deliver a project/programme effectively on time. You'll have:
- Project management expertise, lifting plans off the page, developing an innovative programme of activity and helping to turn it into reality
- The ability to turn complex ideas into simple plans
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- The ability to engage, motivate and mobilise resource seamlessly across two partner organisations to support the programme
- Experience of working with external stakeholders and co-ordinating activities across multiple organisations
- The ability to build strong working relationships, and confidence in your ability to share your expertise, insight and ideas with colleagues and clients alike
- A creative approach, with the ability to drive improvement and change you will be able to think laterally and seize opportunities
- An excellent organiser with good planning skills and the ability to manage conflicting demands
- The ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop robust, coherent and successful funding bids
- Experience of landscape-scale conservation land management
Role: Project Manager for Water Catchments (FTC until 01/01/2021)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City, York,
Apply for this job now.