Reading and phonics tuition
- Part time position
- Reading and phonics tuition
- Supporting children in year 1
- Addressing gaps in learning
A large number of schools in the Bradford and Leeds areas have approached Teaching Personnel in order to source experienced primary practitioners to deliver catch up tuition, intervention or booster sessions. The schools have commented that the children within EYFS, KS1 and KS2 need to build on their prior knowledge and the short tuition sessions are key to the weekly timetable.
Specifically, a primary school in central Bradford are hoping to source a Teacher or experienced Teaching Assistant to work within Year 1 to provide 1:1 and small group reading/ phonics intervention sessions.
The class teachers are due to carry out the relevant assessments and group the children accordingly at the end of February. The school are therefor hoping for the role to begin at the start of March commencing on an initial trial basis before being extended accordingly. This is a part-time role of 12 hours per week.
Requirements for the role:
- As the school are looking to consider either a teaching assistant or teacher for the role you will require either CACHE Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or QTS. Pay will depend upon expereince and qualification.
- Minimum grade C in English & Maths at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Experience using Letters and Sounds, Jolly Phonics or Read Write Inc. Phonics schemes
- Experience supporting children within Key Stage 1
Teaching Personnel are actively recruiting across the Bradford and Leeds areas, for both part time and full time positions within the local primary schools. Please do not hesitate to get in contact if would like to find out more.
Please send an updated copy of your CV to #removed#