JDI Legal - North East legal recruitment specialists with over 19 years experience dedicated to the North East legal profession are currently instructed on behalf of an exciting in house role for an expanding multi faceted firm specialising in residential and commercial development.
This role will work within a 4 strong in house team and report into the Legal Director and Chairman.
- a unique opportunity to work within in a diverse and rapidly expanding company based in Newcastle with global reach.
- You will be working as part of the company’s in house legal team.
The team is currently small but looking to expand to meet the demands of the rapid growth
As a member of the in house legal team you will be responsible for a varied and demanding work load consisting of - reviewing, negotiating and finalising commercial contracts in relation to land acquisition, corporate acquisition, construction and institutional funding agreements.
- Negotiation of insurance documentation
- Corporate secretarial work
Liaising and negotiating with spectrum of third parties ranging from global development institutions to local supply businesses.
- Providing legal advice to other group companies not limited to construction and development
You will be working with both a national and international client base
- It is essential that you are a qualified Solicitor 2 years + (Private practice / previous in house experience welcome)
- The ideal candidate would have a successful commercial contracts background, preferably including property and or construction as a part of an in-house legal department or within private practice
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail as well as a pragmatic and commercial outlook.
- Must be capable of managing numerous streams of varied work at any one time
- Strong business acumen would be preferable.
Should you be considering a move OR would love to make the move in house please do contact our Jillian McKenzie with your updated version of your CV in confidence.