COMPANY: PRINCIPAL HOTELS
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
At the heart of IHG are our beloved hotel brands, each catering to the unique interests of our guests in its own distinct way. We work hard to do business responsibly, dedicated to serving our local communities and doing the right thing. Whatever we're doing, we remember one thing; we're about people, not just beds.At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts we believe international travel should always be alluring. We are dedicated to those who appreciate and enjoy The InterContinental Life - the glamour and exhilaration of fascinating places, mixed with our international know-how and local cultural wisdom.The Principal Edinburgh on George Street has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881. We are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh's most prosperous citizens. Winner of Luxury Brand Hotel of the Year, Edinburgh at the 2019 Scottish Hotel Awards. 2019 sees our property receive a multi-million-pound restoration and refurbishment to transform and rebrand to InterContinental® Edinburgh.A nod to Edinburgh's rich literary heritage, The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen was once home to acclaimed novelist Susan Ferrier (an equal of Jane Austen, according to Sir Walter Scott), whilst Burr & Co. is a lovely coffee shop with a devoted local following. The hotel also boasts the magnificent King's Hall - a firm favourite for weddings and celebration - as well as seven additional meeting and event rooms and a newly equipped gym.
Your day to day
You will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and good order of all assigned areas both public and back of house to create a pleasant environment for our guests and our team.You'll deal with any reasonable requests from guests in a professional and polite manner, ensure lost property is handed to your Line Manager and report any maintenance issues in a timely manner.
What we need from you
To be successful in this role you ideally will have previous experience in a similar type of environment, in addition to:
- A strong work ethic • Good communication skills • Excellent personal presentation • Proactive approach • The ability to work under your own initiative
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Great IHG Perks
See descriptionRole: Room Attendant - Late Shift Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland, ScotlandApply for this job now.