Do you have experience working in a Pastoral capacity at a secondary school, or looking to make the transition into this field?
Exciting opportunity to join a welcoming and hardworking team with a genuine interest in the social development of their cohort.
Our client school in Oldham are seeking a member of staff to join the school to help monitor and improve pupil attendance whilst working with Heads of House and other support team colleagues.
Specific responsibilities of an Attendance Officer
- Help monitor whole school attendance data on a daily basis
- Organise and arrange pupil interventions with regards to attendance and lateness
- Carry out first day contact with parents/carers to inform them of their child's absence.
- Work with form tutors and Heads of Year around absence and concerns
- To organise, attend and monitor home visits in order to promote high attendance and develop positive relations with parents
- Promote punctuality and ensure students are not truanting
- Provide weekly reports around attendance and punctuality and discuss next steps for those deemed to be regularly truanting
Our client school is a large, modern secondary school with an excellent reputation in the local community and in recent years has gone from strength to strength under the guidance of the Head and their leadership team. The school boasts an excellent set of transport links with good locality to the M60 and a number of tram, train and bus links.
For further information contact Miles at the Manchester North Secondary branch or simply reply to this email with an up to date copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining any relevant experience.