Interim Head of Housing Projects (Grade 16)
RATE: £450 per day negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months on-going
We are currently working with a Local Government organisation who are seeking the interim assistant of a Head of Service who will be reporting to the Director of Housing and Community. You will be part of a team of 6 heads of service that are working through a transition involving service improvements and much greater tenant engagement.
This specific role includes some situational management of team managers, engaging with and responding to stakeholders, particularly elected members and tenant bodies.
- Help develop the service plan for the estates and communities service for 21/22
- Act as client manager on the review of tenant engagement being carried out by a consultancy
- Develop a framework for neighbourhood management, including defining areas and working with the Head of Estates and Communities and Team Managers to initiate working practices and 3 year neighbourhood plans
- Help define the client role for green care and estate cleaning services, management of estate caretakers and develop service standards with tenant reps
- Review the role and practices of Housing managers (housing officers) within a neighbourhood management approach including improvements to meet stakeholder expectations of visibility and ease of access to the service
- Contribute to specific improvement projects and pilots across the directorate, and work as part of a mutually supportive and experienced team
- Relevant experience in a head of service role in Housing (at least a medium sized Housing association or unitary Council)
- Significant experience of housing management with a suitable qualification
- Experience of managing staff groups up to 100 people and budgets up to £2m (or above)
- Demonstrable achievements in service improvement and delivering projects (examples to be provided
- The ability to engage staff, Members, tenants in a neighbourhood approach to planning and co-ordinating services over a 3 yr. cycle. This includes making visible the activities of other services across the Directorate that impact at a local level, devolved budgets, setting up local forums and championing local issues
- The ability to carry out equality impact assessments and ensure new approaches meet the diverse needs of our tenants and residents
Full JD available on request
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at #removed# or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren't currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team