Spring Branch Community Health Center is a growing, fast paced Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) working on reducing health care disparity within the Greater Houston Area. Be part of a vibrant primary care team creating healthy communities, one patient at a time. You’ll have the chance to improve your skillsets across multiple specialties while working along experienced healthcare professionals.
The organization has multiple locations delivering patient centered care across the following specialties: pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, dental care, behavioral health, and nutritional services amongst other programs with our partners throughout the Houston area.
Job Description:Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) will be under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager. They function as daily support for clinical staff to ensure proper procedures and processes are completed in a safe work environment. The Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) will also promote harmonious relationships by dealing courteously with co-workers, patients and staff. The ideal candidate will be energetic, adaptable and cooperate with changes in assignments and schedules.
- Current license to practice as a LVN in Texas
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Two years of nursing experience in health center or similar setting
- Proficient communication skills in English and Spanish
- Team members who show great organizational skills, multi-task effectively and have good time management.
- Skills for professional collaboration and communication with all levels in the organization as well as courteous and efficient communication with patients.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and electronic medical records
- Spanish required
- Oversee inventory of clinical supplies, vaccines, and medications in conjunction with lead MA.
- Perform clinical skill competency assessment for new Medical Assistant staff and every 3 years for all Medical Assistants. Creates improvement plan according to results of competency assessment and implements/monitors the improvement plan.
- Audit completion of CLIA waived lab control testing per policy.
- Perform Documentation audits for Lead Medical Assistants per policy to ensure high-quality record keeping. Monitors for improvement based on feedback during audit review.
- Perform and manage Patient Recalls for Diabetes, HTN, and Colorectal Cancer Screening per policy.
- Following standing order policies as directed by CMO.
- Support implementation of standardized processes/policies for all SBCHC locations at the designated site.
- Support implementation of Quality Improvement Plans at the designated site, including participation in PIC meeting.
- Evaluate clinical processes as needed and manage team towards efficient and patient-centered care.
- Be a leader in knowledge of health center policies and use of electronic medical record.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures of the health center.
- Provide patient advocacy- acts as a resource and contact person for patients.
- Provide information related to plan of care at a level appropriate to patient age and identified learning needs.
- Perform and documents patient history, assessment, procedures, labs, medications/immunizations, and plans as necessary. Perform procedures: e.g. medication administration (oral, injectable), dressing changes, suture removal.
- Utilize universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc) and in delivery of patient care.
- Triage calls or visits from clients and caregivers. Determine needs and initiate appropriate action such as intervention, appointment.
- Assess the immunization status of patients. In accordance with written protocols, administer immunizations and document immunization records.
- Be a leader in knowledge and implementation of infection control Policy, procedure, and practice, especially cleaning and sterilization of instruments.
- Ensure that client records are kept secure and confidential and maintained consistent with policies and procedures and HIPAA standards.
- Demonstrate an ability to remain calm during peak periods of activity and in emergency situations- leads support staff in responding to clinic/patient needs during these times.
- Stay abreast of changes in nursing field by attending classes and seminars approved by supervisor as well as reading professional journals and papers.
- All Health Center staff members have emergency and disaster response responsibilities: Participate in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PTO Bank of Three Weeks
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Low Cost Health/Dental/Vision insurance including family members
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Reasonable Work Hours
- Multiple Convenient Locations
Role: Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) - Pitner Clinic
Apply for this job now.