Customs Clerk - West Yorkshire - VR/21819
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading logistics company offering haulage and warehousing services, is looking for an experienced Customs Clerk to join their team in West Yorkshire.
Duties of the Customs Clerk:
- Dealing with imports and exports
- Preparation and processing of import/export customs declarations and clearance
- Customs import/export entry checking
- Deal with all enquiries and queries quickly and efficiently relating to customs procedures, tariff classifications, duty rates and any other documentation requirements
- Liaise with importers/exporters and others to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
- Deal with any customs related complaints
- Maintain data integrity on all systems
- Liaise with key customs partners
- Support and advise all customers whilst ensuring the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies
Competencies & Skills required for the Customs Clerk role:
- Previous experience as a customs clerk is essential
- Experience of using customs software is essential
- Good understanding of the law and regulations surrounding customs clearance requirements
In return, the successful Customs Clerk will receive a salary depending on experience.
If you're interested; click 'Apply Now', or email our Shipping team on #removed#
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.