Gosiger Inc. one of the Nation’s leading Machine Tool Distributors, has a Production Engineer job opportunity in our Automation Division at our Corporate Headquarters in Dayton, Ohio.
In business for over ninety years, Gosiger is an importer and full service distributor of state-of-the-art CNC machine tools. Our legacy of excellence is based on customer satisfaction. In addition to CNC machine tools, we provide to our customers 24/7 parts and service, applications engineering and fully automated turnkey systems solutions.
Visit our website at #removed#
As a member of the Automation Engineering team, the Production Engineer is responsible for ensuring the production process is as efficient as possible utilizing various principles of engineering, technology, manufacturing and management science. Incumbent must be able to reason through manufacturing and assembly problems independently. He/she is responsible to solve manufacturing problems on the shop floor as well as develop assembly procedures/tests for new and existing product lines ensuring timely delivery and high product quality.
Production Engineers must be able to design rugged, simple assembly/test tooling as well as design logical floor plans for manufacturing. Production Engineers are expected to meet aggressive deadlines consistently.
To join the Gosiger Automation Team, a candidate must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or the equivalent in combined formal education and experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to think independently and express/convey new thoughts and alternative methods.
- Honesty, personal integrity and initiative necessary to work independently without direct supervision or oversight.
- The position interacts with design, planning and production. Be able to work across departments as a member of the team and communicates effectively.
- Working knowledge of Production Management systems, CAD Software/solid modelling and basic computer applications.
- Experience working with and using an ERP System
- Have or develop a working knowledge of the processes that make the components in the AWR product line.
- Ability to interpret production drawings and processes.
- Ability to reason through assembly problems on the production floor and implement technical solutions, feeding back design related problems to the design group.
- Work with design to improve manufacturability of the product.
- Ability to perform time studies to set labor standards for each production step.
- Ability to develop shop floor tests that relate to customer experience with the machine and ensure long term reliability.
- Ability to manage engineering change taking into account production demands, material use up, training and changing labor standards.
- Work with BOM’s, identify errors and correct allocation problems.
- Be able to setup and operate all AWR products.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationship within division team members, vendor and client relationships.
Gosiger Inc. offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education, and an excellent benefit package.
For over 90 years Gosiger, Inc. has been helping American manufacturers maximize productivity through CNC machinery, equipment, application experience, automation and exceptional service.
Clarence H. Gosiger founded the company in 1922 as The C.H. Gosiger Machinery Company in Dayton, Ohio. From the beginning Mr. Gosiger established close relationships with the pioneering machine tool manufacturers of his time including Monarch Machine Tool, Minster Machine, DeVlieg and Kingsbury. Today the company continues to align itself with the most innovative forces in manufacturing technology; CNC machine manufacturers such as Okuma and Hardinge.
Role: Production Engineer
Apply for this job now.