The Law Offices of Joseph A Romano, P.C. is seeking Associates for our Bronx, NY office.
The goal of the Associate representing the claimant (injured worker) is to help him or her obtain benefits.
The goal of the Associate representing the defendant (the employer or the employer's insurance company) is to mitigate the defendant's liability.
Our Attorney's are cross-trained in multiple areas of the law focusing on Workers Compensation, Social Security Disability, & other avenues of compensation for injured workers.
- Taking depositions of the claimant, physicians, medical experts and other parties.
- Conducting discovery.
- Performing Legal research.
- Remaining current with developments in the law.
- Drafting appeals, rebuttals, summations, and other legal documents.
- Litigation cases before a workers' compensation judge or Administrative law Judge (ALJ)
- Answer client questions and guide him or her through the workers' compensation process.
- Represent the interests of the claimant at hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations, and other proceedings.
- Assist the injured worker with workers' compensation benefits, including appropriate medical care.
- Negotiate settlements on behalf of the claimant.
- Admission to the New York State Bar
- Litigation experience and strong trial experience.
- Understanding of claims filing process.
- Compassion and understanding of injured workers' plight.
- Working knowledge of workers' compensation laws and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle large caseloads and juggle multiple priorities & deadlines.
- Excellent negotiations skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software and legal research platforms such as Lexis and Westlaw.
- Understanding of medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering, and similar issues inherent in workers compensation cases.
- Trial experience may not be satisfied by junior level attorneys.
Who We Are:
Since 1989, we have represented injured clients in the Bronx and communities throughout New York’s five boroughs. Whether you were injured on the job or developed a disability that prevents you from working, our law firm can help. The staff of dedicated professionals at Law Offices of Joseph A. Romano, P,C. will thoroughly investigate your condition and present your case in the best, most comprehensive manner possible.
Role: Associate Attorney Bilingual Spanish Speaking or Mandarin Speaking
Apply for this job now.