Vision for Education are currently looking for an SEMH Teaching Assistant to work in schools across Trafford supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues. You will be required to work in schools across Salford, which can be on either on a part time or full-time basis.
The schools we work with in Salford provide supportive and nurturing environments for students who find mainstream school unsuitable. The successful SEMH Teaching Assistant will be motivated to make a positive difference in students learning and care deeply about their wellbeing and personal development.
As a SEMH Teaching Assistant your responsibilities will include assessing the needs of students and using your knowledge and specialist skills to support students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues in their learning. As such recognising and responding to their induvial needs is a desired skill.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the SEMH Teaching Assistant position are:
- Have a minimum of 6 weeks of relevant experience
- Be motivated to make a positive difference in students' learning
- Care deeply about students wellbeing and personal development
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued SEMH Teaching Assistant and employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a positive SEMH Teaching Assistant willing to work in the Salford area who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our SEN team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.